Despite the storm in Salt Lake City, WWE’s Monday Night RAW is going on as planned as the promotion builds toward the Super Showdown event in Saudi Arabia later this month.
According to the official RAW preview, Randy Orton is scheduled to address his actions against the returning Edge from last week. After Edge made a surprise return at the Royal Rumble, Orton took out his former Rated RKO teammate out with a chair and, in storyline, injuring the WWE Hall of Famer.
What will Orton say tonight and how will the rest of the RAW locker room respond?
In regards to Super Showdown, a triple threat match to determine Brock “The Beast” Lesnar‘s opponent at the Saudi Arabia show will go down tonight. Ricochet, Seth Rollins and Bobby Lashley are scheduled to face off to get the chance at Lesnar and his WWE Championship.
Ricochet will try and get another crack at Lesnar after The Beast humiliated him the week of the Royal Rumble. The WWE’s resident superhero did get some revenge during the Royal Rumble match when he hit Lesnar in the groin allowing for eventual winner Drew McIntyre to knock him out of the ring.
Lashley has been feuding with Rusev in recent weeks so that may play into this match while Rollins has been feuding against both Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe. Who will win tonight to move on to Super Showdown against Lesnar?
Liv Morgan defeated Lana last week, but fans will see a rematch tonight as Lana looks to get a win back. Will this feud get more personal or will Morgan be able to leave Lana in the rearview and move on?
Here’s everything that happened during the February 3 episode of Monday Night RAW.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW RESULTS
- After an extended recap package of Randy Orton’s attack on Edge, Orton comes out to address the crowd.
- Orton tries to start his promo, but with the crowd booing he says he can’t do this and leaves the mic in the middle of the ring and leaves to the back to a chorus of boos.
Lana vs Liv Morgan
- Lana wins via pinfall after her middle rope Flatliner finisher.
- After the bell, Ruby Riott returns and attacks Liv Morgan. Lana laughs and when Riott leaves, hits Morgan with her finisher.
Drew McIntyre vs Mojo Rawley (with Riddick Moss)
- Before the match, McIntyre thanks the Salt Lake City crowd for making it to RAW. He then tells Mojo that when the bell rings he’s going to Claymore his head off. He then wants to talk about Brock Lesnar. He says that Lesnar attacked him last week because he knows that he’s just as big and dangerous as him. He then scoffs that he forgot that Mojo is there and calls for the bell.
- McIntyre wins via pinfall after a Claymore in less than three seconds.
- This was not for the 24/7 Championship, so there was no title change
- Charlie Caruso asks about Buddy Murphy and AOP’s strategy against Kevin Owens and the Viking Raiders.
- Murphy says they already won because they are on the right side of history. And that they work smarter not harder.
- Seth Rollins comes in and tells Murphy and AOP to go and get ready for their match. Rollins says last week he got eliminated at the Rumble and he now has a second chance. He’s beaten Lesnar twice and Drew McIntyre needs to start preparing for a new WrestleMania opponent.