PHOENIX – Fire crews rescued a teenage girl who became stuck inside the chimney of a Phoenix home Wednesday night.
Firefighters responded to a South Phoenix home for a report of a confined space rescue, said Todd Keller, Phoenix Fire Department spokesman. He said they found the 17-year-old stuck in the bottom portion of the chimney.
The girl was trying to get into her house when she became stuck right above the flue of the chimney, according to Keller.
Firefighters at the scene set up a tripod over the chimney and were able to hoist the girl out, he explained.
The girl communicated with firefighters the entire time and, after evaluation at the scene, refused to be taken to the hospital, Keller added.
Follow Chelsea Curtis on Twitter @curtis_chels.